If you follow me on Facebook or twitter you’ve heard about me making potato chips with the microwave constantly. People always ask me for the recipe so I thought I’d finally make a post about it. I discovered this recipe when I was a student with not too many ingredients and resources available. Here’s something that anybody can do if they have a random potato lying around!
1 table-spoon of oil (olive or vegetable doesn’t really matter)
Seasoning (salt, pepper, get creative!)
1. Thinly slice the potatoes. Don’t make them way too thin because they tend to burn or get stuck on the plate. My slices are usually around 3mm thick.
2. If you have paper towel lying around pat the slices down dry. It lessens cook time and gives you a better result.
3. Mix potatoes and oil in a bowl so that they are even coated.
4. Coat the plate with a little bit of oil/PAM so the potatoes don’t stick. Arrange the potatoes on the dish in a single layer.
5. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. The cooking time can vary depending on the power of your microwave and how thick you cut your potatoes. Basically if they are a little bit brown they are done. If they aren’t brown, they won’t be crunch!
6. Toss with your own spice. In the picture above I used Montreal Steak dry rub from Club House and some cayenne pepper. Get creative and mess around with your own toppings!
The recipe also works for sweet potatoes. Happy eating!