Last night was the last concert for a while at The Silver Dollar. It’ll be closing so that they can build condos in the area. It will re-open because it has a heritage designation, but because of the closures, the people that are involved will probably not be a part of it anymore.
Thank you for all the special memories:
– It was one of my first club venues before I was even old enough to go to it. I’d volunteer for NXNE (when it was still cool).
– I stood in awkward silence beside people who are now my friends.
– I fell in love with a lot of my favourite bands there.
– I held my first blog showcases there
– I shot my first concert photos there.
– I killed my first camera there.
The venue may come back, but it’ll never be the same. #RIPSilverDollar