It’s been a while, but I’ve been so busy with August, I almost forgot about my July post for the things I used up. Luckily, I haven’t been accumulating too many lately as I’ve slowed down the shopping for myself. I think I shop way more for the dog now!
In July I ended up giving away a few products that I thought would benefit the receiver more than I:
- Lamella doll eyeliner
- Mini Poni Miniso Magic Candy Lip Tint – Raspberry
- Benefit 15 hour primer sample
- Body Shop Mango Soap
- Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Charcoal Mask
- Hello Kitty Cherry Blossom Mask
- Body Shop Vegetarian Expert Face Mask
- L’Oreal Hydra Genius Essence Sample
And Here are the things I used up:
Oh my, it seems like the last time I posted was the last post of this series! A month passes by so fast. I finally have Fridays off for the summer, so hopefully, I can catch-up on some blogging. I have a lot to post about! But first to keep my de-cluttering resolution, here are the things I used up in May:
- Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Eyeliner
- The Face Shop The Solution Smoothing Face Mask
- Nars Orgasm / Laguna Duo (panned a few months ago but wearing thing, so time to go!)
- Be a Bombshell Some Beach Lip Crayon
- Tony Mony x Bart Simpson Jeju Volcanic Lava Nose Strip
- Dr Belmeur Skin Sync Ex Daily Repair Sample
- Tony Moly Vital Vita 12 Synergy Serum Sample
- Raccine Delicare Soothing Mask
- The Face Shop The Solution Pore Care Face Mask
- Revlon Instafix Highlight Stick (broken)
- Sephora Makeup Palette (estimated it’s from 2007, so getting old!)
Sorry for the lack of posts this year. Life at 30 seems to just pass by so fast. There’s been a whirlwind of emotions and events. I hope to post more about some of them soon. Meanwhile, keeping up with my resolution use up/trash products, here is my April list.
Things I Used Up:
– Clarins Extra Firming Nuit (sample)
– Real Nature Mask – Goji Berry
– The Solution Firming Face Mask
– Fox Animal Aqua Relax Mask by Xilix
– Shisheido Ibuki Sleeping Mask Mini
– Tony Moly Pikachu Mask Sheet
– Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash
Things I Got Rid of:
– Beauties Factory 120 eyeshadow palette (estimated purchase 2006)
– Sephora Christmas (estimated purchase 2006)
I realized that I had some super old palettes that I have been reluctant to get rid of. They have a lot of colours that haven’t panned, but quality-wise formulas have changed since and things I’ve purchased recently are 100% better. There’s sentimental value in these pans as it got me through a lot of fun themed pub nights in university, but now I’ve grown up into appreciating more quality make-up (than just owning a million colours).
There wasn’t much this month besides masks because, to be honest, I bought a bunch of new products. I couldn’t resist all the spring sales!
Going to make more of an effort not to buy too much though. Despite my huge vanity, I’m running out of space! Operation use more stuff shall continue!
It’s been hard getting back into blogging after a break for wedding planning but going to get back to posting regularly again. I found this Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit at Winners for half the price. Bunz Make-Up Zone has been a great place to keep up to date on where I can get things for a steal.
The colours in the Aurora are beautiful like a unicorn and have a sparkly pigment. I’ve been really into highlighters lately so happy to add this one to my collection.
Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I just got married the past weekend, so it’s been a whirlwind few months. I’ll have a full post on that later when I get my official photos!
Here are some things I used up this Month! I used a lot of masks and moisturizers because I wanted my skin to be perfect for the special day.
- Laneige water bank moisture cream (mini)
- Llang On the Skin Truffle Sheet Mask
- Belif the true cream moisture bomb (sample)
- Juice Beauty Stem Celluar Anti Wrinkle Moisturizer (sample)
- SNP Grapefruit Gelato Brightening Mask
- Soft Miracle foot peeling pack
- Spongelle Bulgarian Rose
- The Face Shop the Solution Firming Face Mask
- The Face Shop x Bart Simpson Juju vocanic lava nose strip
- The Face Shop the Solution Brightening Mask
Things I let go of:
- Sonia Kashuk Texture Taupe 08 eye shadow (gave it to mom)
- SNP Grapefruit Gelato Brightening Mask x 2 (for the bridesmaid)
- Various samples and minis for my wedding emergency kit!
I might have missed a few things in the hustle, but I’ll continue trying to track and use up more products. I have however acquired a few more beauty related things since the last post, so I’m not using things fast enough!
I hear a lot about FabFitFun and see the ads everywhere, but I never thought about subscribing because I tend to only want the beauty stuff and less of the other products. I jumped at the chance to explore the Starter Box though when my friend offered me a code.
Most of the products that came in the box was make-up except this Gym & Juice bag from Private Party. I thought I wouldn’t use it, but it was strangely decent for carrying my dog around.
This dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion exfoliator was worth the box price as it left my face feeling clean and smooth.
This Doucce eyeshadow palette is smooth and creamy and also customizable. My friend and I received different palettes, so we’re actually trading some of the colours with each other.
The last product I haven’t tried yet, but is a Spongelle body wash infused sponge.
All in all it was totally worth the $8 that I spent on the Starter. On a side note, I kind of forgot to unsubscribe afterward, so I will be receiving the Spring Box.
Save $10 on your first box now with my referral link: http://xo.fff.me/igpEb
I saw that this Moschino Bear x Sephora lip gloss thing was back in stock so I couldn’t resist getting my hands on it.
The gold bear fits any of the lip glosses that it comes with. Though I would never wear this as a chain, I love it as a decoration on my vanity. It is actually plated with 24k gold.
The lip glosses themselves are super pigmented and long-lasting without any sticky feeling.
My favourite is the Hollywood guilded copper gloss as it looks elegant on a night on the town.
What is your favourite of the lips colours?
I heard a lot about foot peels in Bunz Makeup group, so I thought I’d get this Soft Miracle Foot Peeling Pack from the Korean grocery store.
Inside were two pouches of liquid that I poured into these “gloves” for my foot. I wore them for 90 minutes. I assumed they did nothing because I couldn’t see anything after 90 minutes, or 1 day or 2 or 3.
However, after around 5 days, the bottom of my foot started to look wrinkly. Then they started to peel, a lot. I would leave skin everywhere! I decided to spare you the gross photos. This peeling happened for approximately 5 days before it was done. Some parts of my foot felt a bit sensitive during, maybe because I couldn’t resist picking at it.
However, the bottom of my feet are now baby smooth and no cracks in sight! Not sure how long this will last, but it’s worth the process once in a while.
I have a lot of the Tony Moly x Pokémon collection, but I couldn’t resist getting one of each of the sheet masks. They’re limited edition, but still available on Amazon.
I used the Charmander one recently. It took me for a while to actually use one because the packaging is so cute! The sheet mask itself unfortunately does not actually have a Charmander head (that would be funny though).
It had the pleasant citrus smell of grapefruit and did noticeably brighten up my skin right after. I haven’t tried the rest, but I’m looking forward to it as I follow this year’s resolution of using things up!
The Shu Uemura x Mario limited edition was so irresistible that I couldn’t not get this Fire Flower lip balm before the whole collection disappeared in store.
The packaging is adorable and has the flower it is named after!
The colour is a nice pink-ish red.
On my lips it was moisturizing and pigmented. I was actually surprised that even through some drinking that it had staying power. Especially since this is meant to be a coloured lip balm!